Healing Untold Grief Groups (HUGG), the national suicide bereavement support charity, is conducting a nationwide volunteer recruitment campaign and will hold an online information session for interested parties this Friday, October 27 from 1.15pm to 1.45pm
HUGG provides a free, non-judgmental, and safe space where people bereaved by suicide can share their experiences and feelings, and receive and offer support to each other.
Bereavement by suicide shares characteristics with other bereavements but it is also different. Having lived experience of suicide bereavement, a requirement for becoming a HUGG group facilitator, ensures a better understanding and appreciation of the emotions and trauma group members may be going through.
HUGG provide facilitator training, mentoring and on-going support to all of its volunteers.
Are you interested in volunteering with HUGG?
• Have you been bereaved by suicide for 3 years or more, and are over the age of 21?
• Do you have good inter-personal skills, and enjoy working as part of a team?
• Do you feel you would be a good co-facilitator?
• Are you open and accepting to people of other cultures, beliefs and sexual orientation?
• Are you open to developing suicide prevention skills?
• Are you willing to undergo online training over one weekend with HUGG to develop facilitation skills?
To register for this Friday’s live online (Zoom) volunteer information session please click HERE.