A Connecting with Men workshop will be hosted in the Ballinfoile Castlegar Neighbourhood Centre on the Headford Road in Ballinfoile, Galway on Thursday, October 12 next.
This interactive workshop will support all those practitioners and service providers who work with men, in varying capacities, to explore the world of males and to develop practical strategies for effectively engaging with them around health and wellbeing issues.
- How to create a “safe space” and environment to support your work with men;
- Know and understand “What is men’s health” and why it is important;
- How to employ a gendered approach to your work given that gender influences the values, attitudes and health behaviours men adopt in relation to their health;
- Ability to identify the key determinants that shape health outcomes for men;
- Gain an insight into your own value base, experience, skills and attitudes towards working with men;
- Know what a “male friendly” health programme or service looks like in practice and how to recruit men onto that programme;
- Know the key relevant sources of information, advice, guidance and support;
- Provide examples of effective men’s health events.
This workshop will be delivered by nationally trained men’s health facilitators and will run from 09.30 to 16.00.
To find out more please click this LINK.
To apply for a place on the workshop or for further information, please email [email protected] or call (094)9042233.