Following the success of the West Be Well team at the 2023 HSE Staff Recognition Awards, we are pleased to showcase the video that was created as part of our entry for this accolade.
The short four-minute long production outlines the history and achievements of the West Be Well mental health promotion initiative in the three years that it has been in operation.
Our group is comprised of representatives of the following bodies and organisations:
- HSE Resource Officers for Suicide Prevention
- HSE Communications Officer
- CYPSC Coordinator, Tusla
- Mindspace Mayo Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing
- West Be Well Communications Coordinator
The team collaborates with Connecting for Life, CYPSC and Healthy Ireland partners to realise the following key aims:
- Provide timely, safe, evidence-based mental health messages, including national mental health campaigns, at local level in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon;
- Promote mental health supports and services by HSE or other state funded services working in the area of mental health and suicide prevention;
- Promote mental health and suicide prevention education and training programmes and events.
This work is being supported by the HSE Head of Mental Health Services, Community Healthcare West. Funding is being provided through CYPSC, Healthy Ireland, the HSE National Office for Suicide Prevention and HSE Community Healthcare West.
Earlier this year the West Be Well team was honoured to be invited to apply for the 2023 HSE Staff Recognition Awards and entered for consideration under the Innovation and Integration in Service Delivery category.
Applicants who applied under this category were asked to demonstrate how their project had used innovative thinking and has made an improvement to the service received by service users/clients/residents and for staff delivering the service in their location.
We are pleased to present the video created as part of our entry. Watch it below or via this link: https://youtu.be/HIcvfRkcVOY