The Green Ribbon campaign aims to get as many people as possible talking about mental health to help end stigma and discrimination. The theme for Green Ribbon 2022 is shame and our key message this year is that there is no shame in having a mental health difficulty.
Official See Change events will be run weekly during September with See Change partners hosting some of our weekly events.
As part of this year’s campaign, See Change will be hosting a Green Ribbon launch event in Cork tomorrow morning where we’ll hear about how shame can negatively impact people with #mentalhealth difficulties.
The launch event programme features the following speakers and topics:
- Host: Barbara Brennan, See Change Team Leader
- Welcome by Caroline Norris, Shine
- Mayor of the County of Cork, Danny Collins
- Sue Baker, Co-founder of the Global Anti-Stigma Alliance
- Prof Ella Arensman, Professor of Public Mental Health, School of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health
- Daragh Fleming, See Change Ambassador
You can register to attend HERE.