The Man Manual is a Men’s Health Week must-have
If you do nothing else this Men’s Health Week (June 14-20) download a copy of the Man Manual for yourself or the man/men in your life.
Men’s Health Week is an annual campaign geared at raising awareness about preventable health problems for males of all ages; supporting men and boys to engage in healthier lifestyle choices / activities and encouraging the early detection and treatment of health difficulties in males.
The Man Manual is a great resource to help realise these aims.
It provides a wide range of information relating to men’s health on the island of Ireland; the main challenges and, more importantly, what men can choose to do about them.
Key facts include the following:
- Men on the island of Ireland suffer from poor health and die too young;
- They die, on average, about four years younger than women do;
- Men have higher death rates than females for virtually all of the leading causes of death;
- Poor lifestyles are responsible for many chronic diseases;
- Late presentation to the doctor leads to a large number of problems becoming untreatable … indeed, while many of these conditions are preventable, the number of men suffering from them may, in fact, rise in the future.
You can download a free copy of the Man’s Manual HERE but, beware, reading the publication can seriously improve a man’s health!