Jigsaw’s online workshops for parents and adults working with young people
Below are details of 2 online workshops for adults that Jigsaw Galway will be facilitating on a number of dates during Q1 2021. These workshops are open for all individuals to register.
This is a 1.5 hour online workshop aimed at those who support, work or volunteer with young people in their communities and will be delivered over Zoom.
- Have a greater understanding of mental health and what influences our mental health
- Recognise the importance of the role of One Good Adult in supporting and promoting young people’s mental health
- Know how to support and promote the mental health of the young people in their lives
- Tuesday February 2nd from 7pm – 8pm
- Tuesday February 23rd from 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Tuesday March 2nd from 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Tuesday March 23rd from 11:30am – 1:00pm
Self-Care for One Good Adult
Ideally taken after you have attended the One Good Adult workshop, this is a 1.5 hour online workshop aimed at those who support, work or volunteer with young people in their communities.
- Have a greater understanding of the value of their role as One Good Adult in a young person’s life
- Have a greater awareness of the importance of looking after their own well-being while supporting young people
- Develop their own self care plan
- Tuesday March 11th from 11:30 – 1:00pm
- Wednesday March 24th 11:30 – 1:00pm
- Thursday April 22nd 11:30 – 1pm
You can also access the following self-directed courses for Parents/Guardians on www.Jigsaw.ie
Self-Care for Parents
This 45 minute course is aimed at parents and guardians of young people. It provides skills to help parents/guardians understand and look after their own wellbeing while acting as that One Good Adult for a young person.
- Have a greater understanding of what Self-Care is
- Have a greater understanding of the importance of looking after their own wellbeing in their role as a parent/guardian
- Be more aware of their own self-care needs and can identify their early warning signs
- Be able to develop their own self-care plan
You can access the course here: https://jigsaw.ie/self-care-course-for-parents/
Mental Health Awareness course for Parents
The aim of this 40 minute course for parents or guardians of primary or secondary school students (+12 years) is to raise awareness about youth mental health and identify ways to promote and support youth mental health. It also highlights how we can be ‘One Good Adults’ for the young people in our lives.
- The changing needs of young people
- Introduction to mental health
- Youth mental health in Ireland
- Promoting and supporting youth mental health for the young people in our lives.
You can access the course here: https://jigsaw.ie/mental-health-awareness-course-for-parents/
We will also have online workshops for young people coming soon.