2020 Bronntanas Appeal supports Mayo familes
An important message from Bronntannas as Christmas looms:
Once again we are appealing to your generosity to help with our 2020 Bronntanas Appeal. Bronntanas is a scheme that was set up over 10 years ago by a group of friends who felt that there were families in Mayo who really struggled to provide a gift for their children at Christmas time.
The scheme operates by matching a donor (you) to a young child. When the child is matched to you, we will provide a label with the child’s initials and age and name of case worker.
The following are some of the guidelines we use to operate the scheme:
- A Cap of €25 to €30.00 spent on gifts is to be strictly adhered to so that all children are treated equally.
- No financial donations can be accepted in the name of Bronntannas (we will match a child to donor who can then provide a gift).
- All lists will clearly state initials, gender and age of child and specific gift requested so that you will have a better idea as to what the child would like to receive.
- The list must also state the name of the HSE worker /Case worker who will deliver the gift to the family.
- The purpose of Bronntannas is to assist families in financial difficulty in Mayo and consequently no child in the care of the HSE is eligible.
- A labelling system is in place so that when a child is matched to the donor they will be given a pre – prepared label to place on the gift.
It is imperative that this label is placed on the wrapped gift and returned to
Teresa Quinn, Tusla Family Support Offices, (Over Subway) 2nd Floor, Mill Lane,Castlebar by Friday Dec 4th 2020.
(Gifts can be posted in or an appointment for drop off can be made).
If you are interested in participating please contact Teresa Quinn on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or you can phone / text Teresa on : 087 9962152.
Thank you to everybody for your continued support.
Note: please can you advise people within your area of this email or alternatively print off and post on your notice board.